Setup Windows VPN Client
Windows 10 and 8.x
- Right-click on the wireless/network icon in your system tray.
- Select Open Network and Sharing Center. Or, if using Windows 10 version 1709 or newer, select Open Network & Internet settings, then on the page that opens, click Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Set up a new connection or network.
- Select Connect to a workplace and click Next.
- Click Use my Internet connection (VPN).
Your VPN Server IP That you received in registration emailin the Internet address field.
- Enter anything you like in the Destination name field, and then click Create.
- Return to Network and Sharing Center. On the left, click Change adapter settings.
- Right-click on the new VPN entry and choose Properties.
- Click the Security tab. Select “Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol with IPsec (L2TP/IPSec)” for the Type of VPN.
- Click Allow these protocols. Check the “Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (CHAP)” and “Microsoft CHAP Version 2 (MS-CHAP v2)” checkboxes.
- Click the Advanced settings button.
- Select Use preshared key for authentication and enter
Your VPN IPsec PSK from emailfor the Key.
- Click OK to close the Advanced settings.
- Click OK to save the VPN connection details.
Note: A one-time registry change is required before connecting. See details below.